BALDEV MEDICAL AND COMMUNITY CENTRE
Expectations of this Project:
At the end of five years (2007 end), some of the broad expectations
of Baldev include:
- Well-equipped health centre that will provide out patient facilities,
essential lab. facilities, labour room, emergency and observation, and
- Comprehensive and complete computerized medical records and health
information system will be in place through EDPS2000.
- Improved nutritional status of women and children.
- Universal care for all pregnant women and children below 3 years.
- Periodic de-worming of the entire population covered.
- Iron, folic acid and calcium deficiency in women and children fully addressed.
- Significant increase in health awareness in nutrition, reproductive
health including HIV/AIDS and STD prevention, and environmental sanitation.
- Improved drinking water and village sanitation facilities.
- Imporve the quality of education at all government-run schools in the 17 villages through a) additional private teachers, b) libraries, c) clothing and books to poor children, d) school toilets, and e) nutritional, eye and ear care.
- Ability to manage personal credit and savings by women.
- Increased rate of functional literacy among adult women and adolescents.
- Financial independence of women through home based income generation
- Protection of the environment through awareness and eco-friendly practices.